Each week I will take a look at what happened for the Seahawks and the NFC and update my predicted record for the Hawks and the Top 5 teams in the NFC. I will try to do this each Wednesday.
Seahawks Stock: Rising
Preseason Predicted Record: 10-6
Current Predicted Record: 10-6
The defense played much better against the run that I expected based on the preseason performances and Tubbs’ injury. Kelly Jennings remains a concern, and we’ll see just how much of one this week against Boldin and Fitzgerald. Matt looked fantastic at QB. It was not flashy, but he did not make a single mistake. That bodes really well for our chances down the road. The line blocked well both in pass protection and the run. Although things are improving, I can’t see any game predictions I’d change at this point.
NFC Top 5
- Carolina Panthers (Rising): This is a complete team right now with an easy early schedule. If New Orleans falters, the Panthers could go 14-2.
- Seattle Seahawks (Rising): I am not a homer. I put the Hawks here because their best players are playing with confidence and are experienced winners.
- Dallas Cowboys (Neutral): Their defense is better than what we saw this week and their offense is dynamic. I think Wade Phillips is a dope, and I wouldn’t be surprised to see this team fall apart.
- Chicago Bears (Falling): They lost two defensive starters, and Rex Grossman sucks (I admit to actively disliking this guy). Their defense is still the best in the NFC.
- New Orleans Saints (Falling): Their offense is way better than we saw this week. Their defense is suspect.