Each week I will take a look at what happened for the Seahawks and the NFC and update my predicted record for the Hawks and the Top 5 teams in the NFC. I will try to do this each Wednesday.
Seahawks Stock: Falling
Preseason Predicted Record: 10-6
Current Predicted Record: 10-6
I fully expected to knock down my predicted season record for the Hawks after the loss this weekend, but my pre-season predictions have a loss @ STL and a loss @ Philly that may go the other way based on how those teams are playing, so the Hawks get a reprieve for another week. A loss this week could have a significant impact on the rest of the year. This is their most critical stretch.
NFC Top 5
- Dallas Cowboys (Rising): It must be nice to disregard morals and sign someone like Tank Johnson. I don’t like Tony Romo, TO or Jerry Jones, but this looks like the most complete team in the NFC right now.
- Carolina Panthers (Falling): The Panthers were apparently reading this blog because they overlooked a Texans team that has clearly improved this year. Based on the Saints performance thus far, it looks like Tampa will the Panthers toughest divisional foe. This is probably still the team to beat in the NFC.
- Chicago Bears (Neutral): This team will be there all year because of their defense. A win over KC is not all that notable.
- Seattle Seahawks (Falling): This is all about the defense, particularly the run defense. It was horrible against the Cards, bu before Cadillac Williams was knocked out in week 1, he was averaging 5 YPC. This team will not be a Top 5 team if they can’t be a Top 15 run defense.
- San Francisco 49ers (Rising): Believe it or not, their offense is dead last in yards, but they are 2-0. They lucked into a win against the Rams, but that was a desperate Rams team at home, so any win is impressive. This was a tossup with the Redskins,