Each week I will take a look at what happened for the Seahawks and the NFC and update my predicted record for the Hawks and the Top 5 teams in the NFC. I will try to do this each Wednesday.
Seahawks Stock: Rising
Pre-season Predicted Record: 10-6
Current Predicted Record: 12-4
Things are rosy right now. Looking at the Hawks schedule, losses I had predicted @ Pittsburgh, @ STL, @ Philly, @ Carolina and home against Baltimore all look winnable. I think at least two of those go the Hawks way, so I am upping my predicted record.
NFC Top 5
- Dallas Cowboys (Neutral): Beating a struggling, injury-tattered Rams team at home is nothing to brag about. They did dominate, after a slow start, so I give them that.
- Seattle Seahawks (Rising): If the Seahawks defense can be even half as effective rushing the passer the rest of season as they were on Sunday, this could get really fun. The missing link continues to be the running game. Lots of teams wish they only had one weak area.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Rising): That season-opening win over the Bucs is looking better and better each week.
- Green Bay Packers (Rising): I still believe the Packers are paper tigers, but I can’t ignore 4-0. They are averaging just 2.7 YPC and allowing 4.5 YPC. Poor running offense and defense is not a good combination.
- Arizona Cardinals (Rising): Going against the grain here a bit. The other options are Washington, Philly or Carolina. I’d take the Cards in a game against any of those opponents at this point.