After a one-week hiatus, I have been inspired by the groundswell of support for the blog to bring back the stock market.
For the uninitiated, each week I will take a look at what happened for the Seahawks and the NFC and update my predicted record for the Hawks and the Top 5 teams in the NFC. I will try to do this each Wednesday.
Seahawks Stock: Falling (like a rock)
Pre-season Predicted Record: 10-6
Current Predicted Record: 10-6
Even for the Seahawks, hopes have been a roller coaster the last three weeks. The 49ers game was as impressive as this team has looked since 2005. They were embarrased in Pittsburgh and humiliated against the Saints. It’s hard to even predict 10-6 at this point, as they are showing signs of being a very average team, but there schedule remains very favorable.
NFC Top 5
- Dallas Cowboys (Neutral): There is no shame in getting whupped by the Patriots. Dallas looks like they have a cake walk to the big dance at this point.
- Green Bay Packers (Rising): Beating the Redskins was meaningful, but this is the worst 5-1 team in football.
- Washington Redskins (Neutral): Making their first appearance in my top 5, although they would have made it last week if I had done one. I believe this is a better team than the Packers on a neutral field, but since their only chance to make the playoffs is as a wildcard, that doesn’t matter much.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Neutral): Their addition of Michael Bennett could keep their playoff hopes on track.
- NY Giants (Rising): The Giants have the honor of being the team that bumps the Hawks off the top five for the first time this season. They have won four in a row, and we’ve lost in horrible fashion the last two weeks.