For the uninitiated, each week I will take a look at what happened for the Seahawks and the NFC and update my predicted record for the Hawks and the Top 5 teams in the NFC. I will try to do this each Wednesday.
Seahawks Stock: Rising
Pre-season Predicted Record: 10-6
Current Predicted Record: 10-6
The win over the pitiful Rams at home was good, but certainly not great. The bye comes at a good time for the team. I will need to see a couple more games to get a better feel for where we really stack up in the NFC. Right now, I wouldn’t feel confident in the first round of the playoffs against any of the top NFC contenders, let alone a trip to the big dance.
NFC Top 5
- Dallas Cowboys (Neutral): The Vikings are a tough team to beat, and that game was much closer than the 24-14 score indicated. The Cowboys are leaps and bounds above the rest of the NFC at this point.
- Green Bay Packers (Neutral): The top two spots remain stable this week.
- NY Giants (Rising): The Giants are the hottest team in the NFC, and have star power at key spots on offense and defense. Eli Manning is weak-minded, though, and will never scare me when the chips are down.
- Washington Redskins (Falling): Although they beat the Cards, they did not deserve to.
- Seattle Seahawks (Rising): The Hawks squeak back in, but it’s tenuous.