I will take a look at what happened for the Seahawks and the NFC each week and update my predicted record for the Hawks and the Top 5 teams in the NFC. I will try to do this each Wednesday.
Seahawks Stock: Neutral
Pre-season Predicted Record: 10-6
Current Predicted Record: 10-6
Man, looking at the schedule, the Hawks are really at a crossroads. I could see them finishing as low as 8-8 or as good as 11-5. This game against Cleveland looked like a win going into the year, but I have real doubts we will score enough to win this game on the road. I hate seeing Hasselbeck talking about potentially having the best record in the NFL. That’s loser talk. Winning teams don’t daydream about having the best record, they say things like “We’re not getting ahead of ourselves.” That’s a sign to me the Hawks are trying to convince themselves that they are good, which is never a good thing.
NFC Top 5
- Dallas Cowboys (Neutral): Bye week.
- Green Bay Packers (Rising): Impressive win in Denver. The defense on this team is good enough to keep them winning, and the offense does just enough. Sounds like the Bears from last year, with Favre/Grossman being the big difference.
- NY Giants (Neutral): They were not impressive in London, but they won.
- Detroit Lions (Rising): 5-2 and impressive wins @Bears and against Tampa.
- Seattle Seahawks (Neutral): Tossup with the Redskins.