I will take a look at what happened for the Seahawks and the NFC each week and update my predicted record for the Hawks and the Top 5 teams in the NFC. I will try to do this each Wednesday.
Seahawks Stock: Falling
Pre-season Predicted Record: 10-6
Current Predicted Record: 11-5
I switched my predictions for the Carolina and Baltimore game last week, but was wrong about Carolina. I still think we win this week, but Atlanta is a bit of a toss-up since we don’t know who will be playing. I think we can win that game even with Seneca at the helm, but who knows. Balancing those with their unexpected losses at Arizona and Cleveland, brings us to 11-5. Championship teams don’t lose games they should win, even when they lose focus. I still, however, believe Seattle has the same high ceiling they did before that game.
NFC Top 5
- Green Bay Packers (Rising): For the first time since week 1, there is a new top dog in my stock market. The Packers are now looking like the most complete team in the NFC with the running game taking off. Watch out for Favre in the playoffs.
- Dallas Cowboys (Falling): Some injuries here, and loss of focus. I’ve never thought this team was mentally strong, and we could see some cracks if things continue to go less than great.
- Seattle Seahawks (Falling): This team can still make it to the Super Bowl. Just a disappointing week.
- Minnesota Vikings (Neutral): Apologies to the Bucs, but there may not be a more worrisome team in the NFC than the Vikings.
- Tampa Bay (Rising): Nice win this week. They could surprise someone in the playoffs in the second round, especially the numskull Cowboys.