I did a little Bears research yesterday that I published on Twitter. Here is a collection of what I found:
– Bears may be 7-3 since they played the Seahawks, but were 4-1 when they played the first time
– Cutler with 17 TD 13 INT since last game. 6 gms with rating 87+, 4 gms with rating below 65, including a 43.5, 32.9, and 54.3.
– Bears 1-5 when Cutler QB rating below 82.5
– Bears rank 28th in passing yards, 22nd in rushing yards, 20th in opposing passing yards and 2nd in opposing rushing yards.
– Bears dead last in sacks against with 56. Seahawks, by comparison, gave up 35
– The sacks were not only early either. Bears have surrendered 11 sacks and 18 QB hits in last four games, including 6 sacks in last game.
– Bears 2-4 when held under 100 yards rushing. Seahawks held them to 61 yards rushing in 1st matchup.
– Bears are 1-2 when even on turnovers with opponent, 3-2 when they lose the TO battle, 7-0 when they win the TO battle. Zero TOs in 1st game.
– Bears 9-1 when scoring 20 pts or more
– Bears avg fewest pass att/game in the NFL, and only four teams avg fewer passing yard (188.4)
– The Bears convert only 33% of their 3rd downs, 27th in the NFL, which leads to only 16 first downs/game. Seahawks kept the Bears 0-12 on 3rd down