This game is like clash of the titans, only re-enacted by disabled, elderly little people. That said, there are a few things I am looking forward to:
- David Hawthorne further proving that Lofa has been loafing the past two seasons, and that a talented, hungry middle linebacker can make plays behind this defensive line
- Sean Locklear? Could it be? I'd really like to start evaluating how much of this o-line will need to be blown up and rebuilt next year.
- Forsett and/or Rankin getting some carries with Edge out of town
- Housh and Matt shutting everybody up
- A little run for Deon Butler?
- Aaron Curry tends to be a beast at home, especially against shitty teams.
FEARLESS PREDICTION: Nick Reed will have a memorable play today
All the media outlets have chalked this game up as a gimme victory. What people fail to realize is that the Hawks are not good enough to have any certain wins. The Lions have given a number of teams more fight than they expected. I think it's fair to expect a Hawks victory, but unwise to count on one.