1. Cardinals offensive line dominated our d-line This will get analyzed all week. It is simply inexcusable to get that little pressure on the QB *AND* play the run so poorly. Zero sacks. 132 yards rushing against. That basically means we got whupped.
2. Hasselbeck is off to a great start He had another fantastic day leading the team to this comeback. Nearly 300 yards and zero interceptions. Except for the fluke play we lost on, he was in command in the second half.
3. Deion Branch showed his worth Branch made some clutch plays and some big plays. Let’s see if it can happen with some consistency.
4. Play calling was putrid in the first half Draw plays to Mack or Shaun on 2nd and 20 is not going to work. Please stop trying. Deep fly routes from our own 1-yard line are extremely low percentage. This offense is about the 5-25 yard routes and the running game. When we have Hackett and Obamanu, we can consider some deep shots. But even then, we should be moving the ball with our bread-and-butter first.
5. Shaun’s got a problem I don’t care what the injury is. I just know he was clearly playing cautiously. He wouldn’t even put his hand down to get up off the turf. He repeatedly waited for o-lineman to help him stand up.
6. The Bengals scored 45 today. Yikes.
7. Tatupu is off to great start as well He made some great plays, and was one of the only defenders that seemed to show up today. His INT was nearly the play of the game. The Hawks were on the ropes when he made a great play on that ball.
8. The Cardinals running success was *NOT* because Bryce Fisher was traded We saw this same sort of rushing defense last year with Fisher in the lineup. There is no defensive end that is that critical to the run defense, even if he plays tackle on occasion.
9. Last two scores were field goals instead of TDs That lack of execution in the red zone turned into a major issue. You could feel the momentum slow when that first field goal was kicked to tie the game.
10. This loss looks even scarier when looking at the schedule The Hawks better bounce back strong, or they could be looking at 1-4 really easily. Bengals next week, then @ 49ers, then @ Steelers.