This is an open thread for gameday. I’ll be here throughout the game tonight for anyone that wants to chat.
2PM UPDATE: Holy moly. Guess where the Seahawks rank so far in the pre-season in yards rushing. Go on, guess. Wrong. They rank #1 in the NFL (201.5 yds/game). Now guess where they rank in pts scored/game. You can do it. Bzzzzzzzz. They rank #1 in the NFL (31.5 pts/game). How about total yardage? That’s right, #1 in the NFL (425 yds/game). What about our defense? Run defense is always important, let’s check how we’re doing there…yup…#1 in the NFL (51.5 yds/game). We’re slacking a bit in total yds allowed at #4 in the NFL (251.5 yds allowed/game).
Does that psych anyone else up? I know it’s pre-season and all, but being #1 in the NFL in something like rushing yards at ANY point in the season is huge for the Hawks. Lost in all the noise about who is getting the yards is that we *are* getting yards, and lots of them.
– Running Game Can we continue our success against another stingy defense?
– Road Defense Defending on the road was horrible last year. This is our last pre-season road game to show we can be stout away from Qwest. The Minnesota and Chicago games looked eerily like the way the D played last year home and away. Let’s break that pattern in a tough place tonight.
– WRs Holmgren says is going to force the ball to Taylor and Obamanu. Will that work with Frye at QB? I think Taylor is up to the challenge as I’ve seen him wrestle DBs for the ball in his short stints last season. I’d love to see Seneca get some snaps, but I have not heard final word on that. I also would really like to see Payne get some more chances as I continue to believe he can be a solid contributor this season.
– Kicker Mare gets all the action tonight. He has been a mediocre kicker the past few seasons. I would love to see him hit some 45+, 50+ kicks. I’d also like to see them try the onsides stuff.
– RBs I’ve already wrote about this enough, but I’d hate to see Forsett struggle and Duckett do well. I fear that Ruskell will force Duckett onto the team if there is even a hint of ability there. I’m also curious to see what Julius Jones does. He looked average at best last week. More passes to Owen Schmidt please!
– DEs What does Lawrence Jackson do against a good o-line? Can Jason Babin continue to show up in each game? Will Baraka Atkins make an appearance?